Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A makeover

I LOVE a deal. I think I learned this lesson from my mom- she was never afraid to stop if she saw something cool on the side of the road- she always said Aggies had no morals when it came to throwing out perfectly good stuff. I agree with that, but I don't think that's why she did it. There is something about taking trash and making it into treasure... It's such a cool feeling of accomplishment. I saved this little desk from the curb in front of my neighbors house- Grace immediately claimed it, but it sat in my garage for almost a year... I couldn't figure out what to do with it,.... it all came together today- it was a light wood-like substance covering partial board before ( did I think I take a before pic? Of course not!). Well, Grace and I created this tonight.... (it's drying in the garage)



I'm in love! It perfectly matches her room and she did a lot of it herself. We've decided that we are available to repurpose desks for teachers all summer, so feel free to contact us- it's a great bonding activity- the eye rolls were minimal- progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment