Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Tearful Goodbye

"Ohh, you're a teacher?  Must be nice getting paid to take the summers off!"

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that, I wouldn't HAVE to be a teacher... so, let me clarify-

We get paid VERY little for the amount of hours we spend working AND if there's a teacher out there that really, truly 'takes the summer off,' I sure wouldn't want them teaching my child.

So, you ask, if the hours are so long and the pay is so little, why I do it?

This is why-

Tomorrow, I say goodbye to one of the best first grade classes the world has ever known.  Though I know these kids will never forget me, will set a special place for me at their wedding, name their first born (boy or girl) after me, ... here I am, assuming I made as great an impact on them as they did on me... I will miss them terribly-

 every. single. one. of. them.

So kids, you have my email address and you can pretty much track my whereabouts on this blog, so email me, find me,  because I am SURE I will need a former first grader hug very soon!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment